10 things I have learned since November 12th, 2016…
10. “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.” Robert A. Heinlein
9. Most people listen with the intent to reply, not to understand.
8. A divided people are easier to distract.
7. Fear is the driver, picking up hate and making it its passenger.
6. The media is very well educated in psychology.
5. It is easier to throw responsibility into destruction, than to take responsibility into construction.
4. Hindsight is 20/20 with a major case of amnesia.
3. History is bias, as is opinion.
2. Love lives. Compassion lives.
But we only call for it when fear arrives and hate steps out of that passenger seat.
1. No need to “save” the planet. Save each other, because in saving each other, we will save our home. If we don’t, the Earth is alive and it will heal itself…but as far as humanity? “We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.” -George Carlin