10 things I have learned since November 12th, 2016…
10. “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.” Robert A. Heinlein
9. Most people listen with the intent to reply, not to understand.
8. A divided people are easier to distract.
7. Fear is the driver, picking up hate and making it its passenger.
6. The media is very well educated in psychology.
5. It is easier to throw responsibility into destruction, than to take responsibility into construction.
4. Hindsight is 20/20 with a major case of amnesia.
3. History is bias, as is opinion.
2. Love lives. Compassion lives.
But we only call for it when fear arrives and hate steps out of that passenger seat.
1. No need to “save” the planet. Save each other, because in saving each other, we will save our home. If we don’t, the Earth is alive and it will heal itself…but as far as humanity? “We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.” -George Carlin
There are many scars you cannot see
Their imprints made inside of me
No need to explain where they came from
What matters most is the wounds are gone
Through tears and pain the healing created
Beautiful scars to be celebrated
All of the wounds you have inside
They’ll heal and become beautiful with time.
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” ~ Yogi Bhajan
I thank you for old chapters ending
I thank you for all new beginnings
I thank you for my toes in the sand
I thank you for four tiny hands
I thank you for good morning kisses
I thank you for all realized wishes
I thank you for time with the trees
I thank you for my lover’s needs
I thank you for unanswered questions
I thank you for all of your life lessons
I thank you for your history
I thank you for your memories